Assessing and Treating Fatigue: Skills and Strategies for OT Practice
|Event Date||25 May 2022|
|Time||9.30am - 4pm|
* This event is free to AOTI members. Please log in to avail of free booking. *
This one-day online workshop will help occupational therapists from any clinical setting who find that fatigue is a significant problem for their clients and who want to increase their knowledge, enhance their skills and develop this area of practice.
Delegates will gain an increased understanding of fatigue and how to assess its impact upon daily life, learn fatigue management strategies and develop increased confidence in the management of fatigue.
- What is fatigue?
- Primary and secondary fatigue
- Models from cancer and CFS/ME
- Barriers to engagement when someone has fatigue
- Common challenges
- The role of activity
- Principles of engagement
- Key factors to be considered in assessment
- Use of standardised assessments tools
- Comparisons between different clinical areas
- Discussion on how to increase successful outcomes in practice
- Strategies for establishing baselines and setting graded incremental programmes
Facilitated by Dr Sue Pemberton, specialist occupational therapist and Therapy Director at the Yorkshire Fatigue Clinic. Dr Sue Pemberton has over 20 years of clinical experience in fatigue management and has co-authored the book Fighting Fatigue: a practical guide of managing the symptoms of CFS/ME
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this event.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the event is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the event following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.