Postural care management: E-learning modules
24 hour postural and pressure care management
|Event Date||23 Aug 2020 - 4 Dec 2020|
This training programme pertains to 24 hour postural and pressure care management, and intervention considerations based on sitting and supine posture, specifically for the functionally non-ambulatory, neurological and older adult population.
This is an interdisciplinary course for Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists.
The course is designed around 10 pre recorded webinars and three interactive online sessions. The layout of the course will be as follows:
3 recorded webinars made available 24/08; 31/08; 07/09
Interactive session - Friday 18th September 9h30-10h30
4 recorded webinars made available 29/09; 05/10; 12/10; 19/10
Interactive session - Friday 23rd October 9h30-10h30
3 recorded webinars made available 09/11; 16/11; 23/11
Interactive session Friday 04/12 9h30-10h30
Attendance at all interactive sessions is required and completion of pre recorded material prior to the interactive sessions.
Through the course you will be asked to complete a reflective learning journal / log which will guide the interactive sessions with Sharon and Jennifer.
About the facilitators:
Sharon Sutherland PT, MISCP, MAPTA: Owner/Manager Of Seating Solutions LLC | Sharon Has Specialized In The Field Of Positioning, Seating And Mobility For The Past 30 Years. Graduating From The University Of Dublin, Trinity College As A Physiotherapist, Sharon Has Experienced Many Aspects Of The Positioning, Seating And Mobility Service Delivery Models In North America, Latin America, New Zealand, Australia And In The EU. She Offers Clinical Consultation To Clients, Patients, Service Users, Clinicians And Manufacturers Worldwide.
Jennifer McKee PT, DPT, MAPTA | Jennifer Is A Graduate Of The Physical Therapy, DPT Program At The University Of Pittsburgh And Has Been Continuing Her Education In Regards To Posture And Mobility In Ireland/EU With Sharon For The Past 8 Months. She Is Currently A Wheelchair Skills Coach And Is Participating In Clinical Assessments As Well As Clinical Education. Jennifer Is Passionate About Understanding And Positively Influencing The Interplay Between Providing Effective Rehabilitation Services, Creating And Maintaining Dynamic Interdisciplinary Relationships, And Accessing Resources Necessary For Appropriate Interventions.
How to apply:
- Click 'Apply Now' and fill in the form.
- Submit your payment.
- You will receive an email immediately confirming your application
- You will receive an email within ten working days confirming / declining your place on the course or on the waiting list.
- You will receive an email from the organisers (ISCP) close to the start date with access details and other course information.
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this event.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the event is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the event following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.