Pressure Ulcer Management with Sharon Sutherland
On-line modules and live Q and A
|Event Date||7 Jun 2022 - 28 Jun 2022|
PLEASE LOG IN TO AVAIL OF MEMBERS' RATE
Pressure Care prevention and management aims to reduce and prevent the incidence of pressure ulcers and to ensure existing pressure areas are managed appropriately. The Occupational Therapist's role is to educate clients and carers on pressure areas, provide appropriate prevention and management strategies. This training aims to equip OT's with the knowledge required to assist with pressure ulcer management.
This self-directed learning starts on June 7th 2022. All four pre-recorded webinars will be released to participants on this date, and may be watched at your own pace within four weeks.
This will be followed by a live Q&A session with the facilitator. (subject to demand)
Webinar 1: Anatomy and Biomechanics Related to Seating
- Define three common postural deviations and their symptoms versus causes
- List three two-joint muscles and their implications related to seating
- Identify components of the ICF related to the hands-on assessment and practical considerations for implementing solutions
- Define Windswept Hips and identify associated postural deviations in sitting
Webinar 2: Pressure Care and Seating: What do we need to think about?
- List 3 Current Risk Factors from the most current Clinical Practice Guidelines (2019)
- Define Stage 1- Stage 4 Pressure Ulcers
- Define the height differential between the ischial tuberosities and under surface of greater trochanters
- List 2 reasons why this height differential is important
Webinar 3: Selecting a seat cushion; What are the ‘MUST HAVE’ features relative to our clinical assessment
- List the goals of seating as they relate to the prescription of wheelchair and static chair seat cushions/supports
- Define 3 key seat cushion product parameters
- List the 10 steps for checking for bottoming out on a seat cushion
- Identify/list 4 objective questions related to skin integrity and positioning properties of wheelchair seat cushions using a simple checklist
Webinar 4: Selecting a back support; What are the ‘MUST HAVE’ features relative to our
clinical assessment findings
- List the goals of seating as they relate to the prescription of back supports
- List 3 assessment steps that are necessary for back support selection
- Define 3 key back support product parameters/features
- List 3 outcomes that can be measured related to back support provision
- Ask 4 objective questions about back supports related to form, fit and function using a simple checklist
About the facilitators: https://postureandmobility.com/aboutus
Application and Payment information:
- Payment in full is taken at the time of application.
- Payment of the fee does not guarantee you a place at this event.
- Full payment must be received prior to the closing date in order to secure your place.
- If the event is oversubscribed you will be provided with a full refund.
- Successful applicants will be notified that they have a place at the event following the closing date.
- Places are limited and members are advised to apply early to secure a place.
- Please note: notifications will be sent to the email address entered on this application form. Please make sure to enter correctly the email address you wish to use for communication about this event.