How do I find an occupational therapist?

You may be able to avail of support from an occupational therapist through the HSE. You can do this by checking with your local HSE clinic or Health Office. The HSE provide Occupational Therapy services in local primary care centres, hospitals and community-based services. If you are unsure how to access public Occupational Therapy services, the HSE has a section dedicated to explaining its OT services which you can find here 

Due to the long waiting lists for many Occupational Therapy services, some people want to avail of support from occupational therapists working in private practice. AOTI has a directory of such therapists and their location and areas of which you can access on the homepage of this website It is recommended that occupational therapists in private practice have:

  • Minimum 5 years clinical experience
  • Have specialised in the area in which they wish to practice
  • Provide details of experience to clients, as well as a clear schedule of fees, in advance
  • If you require more information than is listed in the private practice directory, please contact the occupational therapist directly





By joining AOTI today you will get access to a wide range of exclusive member benefits

Find out more
Get involved with AOTI

Find out what you can do to help grow our organisation and strengthen your profession.

Find out more
Our People

Our team comprises of a number of different roles to help with the function of AOTI.

Find out more